lunes, octubre 15, 2007

You know me

a mask
a plastic mask
holding my imprint, bathed by my breath,
carrying my sweat
the most specific and personal identifier of my
odyssey

the symbol of my horror
the tool for my escape

i must prevail
i must endure, tolerate, and accept
i will use this terror object as my passagemaker
to become a predator again
a survivor
and not just a survivor

my future
does it exist
how am i seen
can i measure it myself
or only as reflected in the eyes of others

my life

now always measured as before and after
before and after the headache

i am defiant
no matter what
the sorrow
my rage

you know who i am
i am your friend
i am your brother
i am your child
i am a real person

you know me *

* You know me. Rick Levinson
Exposición temporal en el Museo Nacional de la Estampa

0 comentarios: